New Delhi: NTPC Q1 FY22 Results: The country’s largest power utility reported a 17 per cent rise in net profit to ₹ 3443.72 crore on a consolidated basis for the April-June quarter in the financial year 2021-22, compared to ₹ 2,948.94 crore in the year-ago period.
NTPC Q1 Results: Here’s All You Need To Know
- NTPC Limited announced its April-June quarter results for the financial year 2021-22 on Saturday, July 31, and the comppany’s net profit in the first quarter of the current fiscal rose 16.77 per cent year-on-year driven by growth in the company’s revenues.
- The company’s revenue from operations in the June quarter stood at Rs 29,888.02 crore, compared to Rs 26,194.76 crore in the same quarter last year, marking a growth of 14 per cent year-on-year.
- Earlier known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, the state-run electrical utility company’s total income in the June quarter stood at ₹ 30,390.60 crore, compared to Rs 26,794.68 crore, registering a growth of 13.42 per cent year-on-year.
- NTPC’s gross power generation in the June quarter stood at 71.74 billion units, compared to 60.18 billion units in the year-ago period.
- The company’s domestic coal supply (for its plants) in the June quarter was at 45.81 million tonnes, up from 40.19 million tonnes in the corresponding quarter last year.
- NTPC’s board of directors approved a fundraising proposal of up to ₹ 18,000 crore through private placement in the domestic market, according to a regulatory filing by the company to the stock exchanges today.
- Recently, NTPC Renewable Energy Limited – the company’s green energy subsidiary invited bids to establish the country’s first ‘green’ hydrogen fuelling station in Leh, for which the sale of bid documents began today – July 31.
- NTPC’s plant load factor or the capacity utilisation of coal-based power plants also grew 69.68 per cent in the June quarter, up from 68.22 per cent in the corresponding period last year.
- The average power tariff of the company was ₹ 3.73 per unit in the April-June quarter, compared to ₹ 3.98 per unit in the year-ago period.
- On Friday, July 30, shares of NTPC Limited settled 1.24 per cent higher at ₹ 118.20 apiece on the BSE.(NDTV)